1. What are the essential elements of the empirical approach to perception?
2. What is the cognitive approach to perception, and how does it differ from the empirical approach?
3. What features of Gibson's theory distinguish it from the empirical and cognitive views?
4. Are newborn babies able to smell, taste, and respond to touch?
5. How well do infants hear? How do they use sounds to understand their world?
6. How accurate is infants' vision? Do infants perceive color and depth?
7. How do infant perceive objects?
8. How do infants integrate information from different senses?
9. How does attention improve as children grow older?
10. What is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder?